As you drive the tread on the tyres begins to wear. Some of the below factors impact how long tyres last.
- Vehicle weight - it's only natural that heavier cars wear tyres faster.
- Driving style - quick, aggressive driving styles ie. taking a corner too quickly increases wear.
- Wheel drive - depending on if your car is a front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive affects tyre wear. The front will wear the fronts more quickly first. Vice versa for the rear.
- Speed - higher speeds, means an increase in temperature and wear.
- Pressure - as previously mentioned, under or over-inflated tyres can cause the tyres to wear quicker.
- Alignment - if your car's tracking and wheel alignment aren't correct, this can then cause uneven wear.